Play Fair, Be Safe, Respect the Trails
The purpose of these policies is to ensure the run’s integrity as well as for the safety of all those involved. Violations of any rules or directives may be grounds for disqualification.
1. Entry fees are non-refundable; race entries cannot be transferred to another year. No exceptions. This means once we have received your entry, you will not receive a refund if you cannot participate, or if the event is cancelled because of weather, natural disaster or other unforeseen circumstances.
We will allow bib transfers until March 18, 2018 IF you can find yourself a replacement and contact us with all details prior to the transfer deadline.
2. There will be no unofficial runners. NO PACERS ALLOWED.
3. Each runner’s official run number must be worn prominently on the front of the body and must be easily visible at all times.
4. Runners must check IN and OUT of each aid station. This is for the safety of the runners and volunteers.
5. Runners must follow the marked trails at all times. Any runner departing from the official trail must return to the point of departure on foot before continuing.
6. Any runner wishing to drop from the race must inform the nearest aid station captain.
7. Cut-off times for both the 50K and 25K races is nine hours.
8. For the 50k runners, a cutoff time for the first loop will be enforced at 11:40AM or 4 hours from the start time. During the second loop of the 50k distance, runners must pass the last aid station (approx. 5 miles from the finish) prior to 3PM, or 7 ½ hours from the start time.
All cut-off times will be strictly enforced. Runners must be checked OUT of the aid station BEFORE the cut-off time.
9. Littering of any kind is prohibited. Please respect the trails and the right of everyone to enjoy them.
10. Runners must refrain from any act of bad sportsmanship.
11. There will be no crewing/pacing of runner permitted during either race.
12. We cannot guarantee SWAG or FINISHER awards to registrations made after February 25, 2018 but will work to get you your items post event.
You may switch between the two events (50K and 25K) plus the difference in entry fee at the time of the switch. If you are already signed up for one race and want to switch to the other, you may do so by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org provided the race you are switching to has not reached its capacity. Please contact us before April 2, 2018 if you plan to switch races.
If you have already paid more than the current price of the event you are switching to, you will not receive a refund. However, you will owe no additional costs. If you have paid less than the current entry fee of the event you are switching to, you will owe the difference in what you have paid.